Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Vincent Frison <tu...@ohmforce.com> on 2004/09/02 21:31:35 UTC

Using OJB in a servlet container

Hi all,

I cannot find info explaining the good way to use OJB in a servlet
environnement. A first basic question could be : can an unique broker instance
stands during all the app/servlet life cycle (i.e. the broker is instancied
once at servlet init) or a new broker should be instancied on each new HTTP
session, or even on each HTTP request (reducing caching benefits I guess)?

Thanks a lot..

PS: I had some difficulties to post to this ML, I'm sorry if this mail is
finally posted many times..

Re: Using OJB in a servlet container

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.
A broker should be treated much like a JDBC connection. Obtain, use,
close.

I would definitely *not* put an open broker in the session or servlet
context. Caching works across brokers (depending on the cache
implementation used).

-Brian