Posted to modproxy-dev@apache.org by Daniel Lopez <da...@rawbyte.com> on 2003/09/25 15:03:32 UTC

Re: Is this proxying possible

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 03:19:48PM +0200, Børge Nilsen wrote:
> I have a little problem that I though I could solve in a simple way using
> apache, but after going through the documentation I am not so sure...
>
> Basically the problem is that on my server I get some POST messages that I
> would like to do the following with:
> a: log the entire message to the file system
> b. add a field to the message itself (ideally within the http body)
> c. proxy the message to another server/ port for processing

> My first idea was that this could be done with a few rewrite rules and a
> perl script, but I'm beginning to get som doubts. Is there anyone out there
> that could help me...please...?

mod_rewrite does nto allow you to change the body,
If you are using Apache 2, you can write an input filter (if you are using
mod_perl, php or any other module that exposes the filtering API) or try and
use http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_ext_filter.html
(works for output filtering, not sure it will work for input fitlering)

If you have Apache 1.3 and are using PHP or mod_perl or another solution,
you may be able to just acept the POST, issue teh request yourself using the
HTTP client libraries of PHP or Perl and then return the result to your users)

Cheers

DAniel

--
Teach Yourself Apache 2 -- http://apacheworld.org/ty24/