Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/27 23:06:42 UTC

T5: @PageReset called on page refresh

Hi

My understanding is that pageReset lifecycle method introduced in 5.2
should only be called when page is left and returned from another
page. Per Howard from
http://markmail.org/message/67dbxuwf3rw3naja#query:+page:1+mid:67dbxuwf3rw3naja+state:results

"When a page is first accessed (from another page), the pageReset()
lifecycle method is invoked. If you stay on the page (component
events, ajax events, or page render requests for the same page) then
no pageReset. It's when you return to a page from some other page that
the page is reset."

And per JavaDoc:

"Marker annotation for a method that should be invoked when a page is
reset. A page reset occurs when a page is linked to from another
page."

However, I am observing that when I simply refresh the page with
pageReset method, pageReset is called anyway.

	@Log
	@PageReset
	void pageReset() {}

According to documentation, when I stay on the page, a refresh should
not trigger pageReset. Is that right?

Adam