Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Michal Borowiecki <mi...@openbet.com> on 2017/06/02 16:33:38 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-138: Change punctuate semantics

Hi Matthias,

Apologies, somehow I totally missed this email earlier.

Wrt ValueTransformer, I added it to the the list of deprecated methods
(PR is up to date).

Wrt Cancellable vs Cancelable:

I'm not fluent enough to have spotted this nuance, but having googled
for it, you are right.

On the other hand however, the precedent seems to have been set by
java.util.concurrent.Cancellable and akka for instance followed that
with akka.actor.Cancellable.

Given established heritage in computing context, I'd err on the side of
consistency with prior practice.

Unless anyone has strong opinions on this matter?

Thanks,

Michal