Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jan Eden <li...@janeden.org> on 2005/06/22 13:32:31 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_perl trouble

Hi,

I just installed mod_perl 2.0.1 as a DSO for Apache 2.0.53. When trying the minimal example from the docs:

Alias /perl/ /home/httpd/httpd-2.0/perl/
  <Location /perl/>
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
      PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
      Options +ExecCGI
</Location>

and running a simple script (printing out headers and a single line), everything works fine.

But if I change the setup to something like

# mod_perl directory
Alias /perl/ /home/httpd/httpd-2.0/perl/

PerlModule Apache::Registry
PerlModule CGI

<Location /perl/>
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler Apache::Registry
    PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
    Options +ExecCGI
</Location>

I get error messages like

Can't locate loadable object for module Apache::Constants in @INC
Can't load Perl module Apache::Registry for server 127.0.0.1:0, exiting...

All mod_perl modules seem to be in /System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level - so what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jan
--
Alcohol and calculus don't mix - PLEASE don't drink and derive.