Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Neil Hodge <nh...@comcast.net> on 2004/07/24 14:42:46 UTC

Downloadable archive and mozilla setup

All:

Several questions:

* Is there anywhere I can get a tar of the full spamassassin-users
archive?  It makes searching more convenient and faster.

* Can anyone point me to a good description to setting up SA to work
with mozilla?

Thanks.

Neil Hodge

Re: Downloadable archive and mozilla setup

Posted by Bob McClure Jr <ro...@earthlink.net>.
On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 05:42:46AM -0700, Neil Hodge wrote:
> All:
>
> Several questions:
>
> * Is there anywhere I can get a tar of the full spamassassin-users
> archive?  It makes searching more convenient and faster.

Dunno.  I'll let someone else field that.

> * Can anyone point me to a good description to setting up SA to work
> with mozilla?

Not sure what you mean.  We need more information about how you get
your mail.

SA is normally put in place upstream of your mail user agent (MUA,
Mozilla mail, in this case).  The most common arrangement for my
installations is that spamd is the running SA daemon, and for each
user, spamc (the SA client) is called from the user's ~/.procmailrc,
and the mail ultimately goes into his mailbox, something like
/var/spool/mail/user.  Then the user's MUA fetches his mail from the
mailbox and displays it.

Tell us what your arrangement is.

> Thanks.
>
> Neil Hodge

Cheers,
robertmcclure@earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
God promised a safe landing, not smooth sailing.