Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jason L M'Sadoques <jl...@lucent.com> on 2002/12/12 18:23:21 UTC

[users@httpd] Can't get php 4.2.3 and apache 1.3.27 to work together.

I am trying to get apache 1.3.27 and php 4.2.3 to play nicely. First I compiled
and installed apache (on a Solaris 2.5.1. machine). Then I compiled and
installed php. When I restarted the server (the httpd.conf file was grabbed from
a 1.3.20 installation on the same machine) I got some unresolved symbol errors
--enable-shared and --enable-rule when compiling apache.

I've since recompiled apache with the necessary configure options, and now it
won't start up because it claims the directives are unknown or misspelled.
Directives it is making this claim on so far are ExtendedStatus and Order.

Any help is appreciated. Below are the steps I have taken to install the apache
server:

tar -zxf apache_1.3.27.tar.gz &&
cd apache_1.3.27 &&
./configure --prefix=/cdetools/http/apache_1.3.27 --enable-module=auth_anon
--enable-module=so --enable-module=rewrite --enable-shared=max
--enable-rule=SHARED_CORE &&
make &&
make install

Re: [users@httpd] Can't get php 4.2.3 and apache 1.3.27 to work together.

Posted by Jacob Coby <jc...@listingbook.com>.
> I've since recompiled apache with the necessary configure options, and now
it
> won't start up because it claims the directives are unknown or misspelled.
> Directives it is making this claim on so far are ExtendedStatus and Order.

ExtendedStatus is part of mod_status, and Order is part of the mod_auth[_*]
modules.  You need to have both of those loaded and enabled for the
directives to work.

-Jacob

Re: [users@httpd] Can't get php 4.2.3 and apache 1.3.27 to work together.

Posted by Mystery Admin <my...@whatfantasiesmaycome.com>.
First, please post the EXACT error messages you're getting to help "shed light"
on what's going on.   Once you get Apache 1.3.27 running WITHOUT PHP support,
install PHP as a DSO and there is EXCELLENT doc in the PHP distro that documents
this.

Peace.....

Tom