Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jared Cook <ja...@vsahost.com> on 2004/08/26 05:23:07 UTC

MP2 output filters

I am trying to implement a stream output filter and am having a little
problem.  I need to have the INCLUDES filter process the output first
and then send it to the mod_perl filter.  I used PerlSetOutputFilter
INCLUDES, and I think it is getting the data before it goes to my filter.

Now my problem:  It looks like every include that gets processed starts
a new stream to my filter.  I need mod_include to process all the
includes and THEN send the completed flat document to my mod_perl
filter.  Is this possible?  Please advise.

TIA,

Jared

Re: MP2 output filters

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Jared Cook wrote:
> I am trying to implement a stream output filter and am having a little
> problem.  I need to have the INCLUDES filter process the output first
> and then send it to the mod_perl filter.  I used PerlSetOutputFilter
> INCLUDES, and I think it is getting the data before it goes to my filter.
> Now my problem:  It looks like every include that gets processed starts
> a new stream to my filter.  I need mod_include to process all the
> includes and THEN send the completed flat document to my mod_perl
> filter.  Is this possible?  Please advise.

No, it's not. You filter should be able to cope with data coming in in
chunks. Please read:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/filters.html#Multiple_Invocations_of_Filter_Handlers
See an example on how to maintain state between filter invocations here:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/filters.html#Stream_oriented_Output_Filters