Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by namratajaiswal <na...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/10 08:59:11 UTC

Making WebServices call asynchronous on the server side with axis2

Hi all,

We have a requirement where we need to decouple the http request and reponse
for webservices on the server side. We are using axis2 framework.

Suppose I have written my own MessageReceiver for my webservice in axis2.Now
when an end user sends soap request for webservice , obviously it will hit
my MessageReceiver.Once it reaches the MessageReceiver, I need to store the
request in some map and release the http thread (as the request processing
is done somewhere else). once the request processing  is done , one of the
http thread would be picked up and resume MessageReceiver  the same point
and send the http response back to the user.

Is there a way to acheive this in Axis2?

Thanks,
Namrata

Re: Making WebServices call asynchronous on the server side with axis2

Posted by Sadeep Jayasumana <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You might find the article [1] useful.

[1]
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-axis2/index.html

Thanks,
Sadeep

Posted by Chinmoy Chakraborty <cc...@gmail.com>.
Basically you want manipulate the requests? If yes then you can do it in
more generic way by using  Filter.

Chinmoy