Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Ilia Lobsanov <il...@lobsanov.com> on 2001/03/20 20:23:49 UTC

embperl feature request: OUTPUT_PATH

Dear Gerald, et al;

There's a good thing about Template Toolkit which Embperl seems to be missing and that is: OUTPUT_PATH. This is similar to EMBPERL_PATH aka 'path' key for Execute param, but for the case when outputfile is used.

Please add EMBPERL_OUTPUT_PATH. This is where Embperl will produce outputfiles.
Of course, there should also be a corresponding 'output_path' key for the Execute hashref param.

Thank you.

Ilia Lobsanov.

Re: embperl feature request: OUTPUT_PATH

Posted by Angus Lees <gu...@switchonline.com.au>.
On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 08:22:42PM -0500, Ilia Lobsanov wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 05:41:51AM +0100, Gerald Richter wrote:
> >
> > Execute ({inputfile => 'foo.htm', outputfile => 'foos.output.htm'}) ;
>
> outputfile requires absolute path. I want it to output into the
> directory defined by OUTPUT_PATH

Execute({inputfile => 'foo.htm',
	 outputfile => $ENV{OUTPUT_PATH}.'/foos.output.htm'});

am i missing something?

--
 - Gus

Re: embperl feature request: OUTPUT_PATH

Posted by Ilia Lobsanov <il...@lobsanov.com>.
On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 05:41:51AM +0100, Gerald Richter wrote:
> Ilia,
>

> > There's a good thing about Template Toolkit which Embperl seems to be
> missing and that is: OUTPUT_PATH. This is similar to EMBPERL_PATH aka 'path'
> key for Execute param, but for the case when outputfile is used.
> >
> > Please add EMBPERL_OUTPUT_PATH. This is where Embperl will produce
> outputfiles.
> > Of course, there should also be a corresponding 'output_path' key for the
> Execute hashref param.
> >

> I am not quite sure if I understand right what you mean, but from my point
> of view a output path only makes sense when you call Execute directly and in
> this case you can use  the outputfile parameter:
>
> Execute ({inputfile => 'foo.htm', outputfile => 'foos.output.htm'}) ;

outputfile requires absolute path. I want it to output into the directory defined by OUTPUT_PATH

ilia.

Re: embperl feature request: OUTPUT_PATH

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Ilia,

> There's a good thing about Template Toolkit which Embperl seems to be
missing and that is: OUTPUT_PATH. This is similar to EMBPERL_PATH aka 'path'
key for Execute param, but for the case when outputfile is used.

> Please add EMBPERL_OUTPUT_PATH. This is where Embperl will produce
outputfiles.
> Of course, there should also be a corresponding 'output_path' key for the
Execute hashref param.

I am not quite sure if I understand right what you mean, but from my point
of view a output path only makes sense when you call Execute directly and in
this case you can use  the outputfile parameter:

Execute ({inputfile => 'foo.htm', outputfile => 'foos.output.htm'}) ;

If this is not what you mean, please describe it more in detail

Gerald