Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Roland Kofler <ro...@systemone.at> on 2006/10/28 20:13:59 UTC

[CLI] noob: why command history on linux doesn work, on windows does

i just experienced this on a tool i use, so i questioned the maintainer
about. and he said that he has any clue. So please can you give me a hint
why command line history doesn't work:

a) its the tools code that does something wrong
b) its a general issue of CLI
c) its a general problem with linux environments and/or java

thank you, i just want to help who helped me with an great open source tool

roland

Re: [CLI] noob: why command history on linux doesn work, on windows does

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
What's banshee?

I'm guessing you're having a problem with the keymapping between your
local machine and your server.

How is this tied to Commons CLI? Its name is confusing as although it
calls itself a 'command-line interpreter', what it's interpreting are
the flags on a command line and is not a command line interpreter in
itself. So it's like a getopt/cargs tool and has nothing to do with
bash and shells.

Hen

Posted by Roland Kofler <ro...@systemone.at>.