Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Yunming Zhang <zh...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/17 06:31:11 UTC

question about hadoop in maven repository

Hi,

I am modifying the dependencies for Mahout package, (the open source machine learning package built on top of Hadoop),

I am a bit confused over why there are so many hadoop dependencies in the maven project, there are four artifactIds
1) hadoop-core, 2) hadoop-common, 3)hadoop-mapreduce-client-core, 4)hadoop-mapreduce-client-common

I am trying to replace the hadoop jar file used to compile with my customized version,

Thanks

Yunming

Re: question about hadoop in maven repository

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
It looks like that you are using hadoop 1.x which include several
sub-projects. I'm not sure Mahout support 1.x

Suggest you use hadoop 0.20.x

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: question about hadoop in maven repository

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: question about hadoop in maven repository

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: question about hadoop in maven repository

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang