Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by ChambreNoire <aw...@tentelemed.com> on 2016/03/19 13:17:00 UTC

ResourceModel usage within ModalWindow content Panel

Hi,

I'd like to be able to use localised string resources declared within the
ModalWindow's parent panel from within the ModalWindow content Panel.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks,

CN

Re: ResourceModel usage within ModalWindow content Panel

Posted by ChambreNoire <aw...@tentelemed.com>.
Nevermind, using a PackageStringResourceLoader works fine!

Posted by ChambreNoire <aw...@tentelemed.com>.
No that won't work anyway because the ModalWindow instance is added at the
page level and reused throughout. So basically I need to pass the panel
where the content panel is instantiated to this content panel so that it can
resolve the resources. Bit ugly..

Re: ResourceModel usage within ModalWindow content Panel

Posted by ChambreNoire <aw...@tentelemed.com>.
Hey there,

Indeed I'm using a Panel rather than a separate page.

I could just use StringResourceModel("key", modalwindow.getParent(), null)
but I was hoping for something less verbose that would cover all
resourcemodel use in the modal content panel...

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Hi,

if you're using a panel as the ModalWindow's content (not a separate
page), you can use Wicket's usual resource resolving:

https://ci.apache.org/projects/wicket/guide/7.x/guide/single.html#i18n_3

Regards
Sven