Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Martynas Jusevičius <ma...@atomgraph.com> on 2020/03/26 11:17:40 UTC

Connector compressibleMimeType

Hi,

I enabled GZip compression on <Connector> using 8.0.44.

Then I noticed that text/html documents are getting compressed, but
others were not.

I guess this is due to the default compressibleMimeType? Which is
"text/html,text/xml,text/plain,text/css,text/javascript,application/javascript".
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/config/http.html

What would be the downside if I specified compressibleMimeType to
compress all media types? Including binary files etc.
I guess that would be compressibleMimeType="*/*".

Thanks.

Martynas

Re: Connector compressibleMimeType

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.