Posted to users@camel.apache.org by John Lee <jh...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/20 13:16:22 UTC

File2 component GenericFileOperationFailedException Question

Hello there,
I have a file-system mounted on a Linux server with very little space
available.

After entering the command :
'cp Example_file_5MB.txt /fullFileSystem/Example_file_5MB.txt'
cp: writing `/fullFileSystem/Example_file_5MB.txt': No space left on device

However, when I do this with File2 Component and a Camel Route with error
Handler, the content of GenericFileOperationFailedException is:

GenericFileOperationFailedException has message:[Cannot store file:
/fullFileSystem/LTE01ERBS00001/LTE01ERBS00001Collected.txt], localized
message:[Cannot store file:
/fullFileSystem/LTE01ERBS00001/LTE01ERBS00001Collected.txt], reason:[null],
cause:[null] and code:[0]

However, I was expecting the cause in GenericFileOperationFailedException
to contain a FileNotFoundException with a message of:
".... /fullFileSystem/Example_file_5MB.txt': No space left on device"

Am I misunderstanding something here?
BRs //John.

Re: File2 component GenericFileOperationFailedException Question

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Its the Java File API that returns the failure to Camel. We can only
delegate what it reports.

--
Claus Ibsen