Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by ne...@ca.ibm.com on 2000/12/15 23:02:26 UTC

[patch] for various sample files

Hi folks,

In looking at Asha's problem I discovered that the dom.DOMCount.java sample
program included with Xerces2 fails silently because it tries to set the
feature <http://apache.org/features/dom/defer-node-expansion> which the
Xerces 2 DOM parser doesn't support.  I don't know whether this support is
planned, but clearly DOMCount's not very useful the way it is.

So this patch fixes that problem; the support can be re-enabled when the
feature's implemented.  But to explain which attachments correspond to
what:

1. DOMCount-1-patch.txt: I have also made dom.DOMCount do something
slightly more useful with two sorts of SAX exception than ignoring them.
2. DOMCount-2-patch.txt: Implements 1 and stops DOMCount from trying to set
the unsupported feature and thus dying silently.  Clearly this is just for
the xerces_j_2 branch.
3. SAXCount-patch.txt and SAX2Count-patch.txt: Fixed so the help messages
in the relevant files don't display the -d switch, which they both silently
ignore.

Could someone please apply these?
(See attached file: DOMCount-1-patch.txt)(See attached file:
DOMCount-2-patch.txt)(See attached file: SAXCount-patch.txt)(See attached
file: SAX2Count-patch.txt)
Thanks,
Neil

Neil Graham