Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Octavian Istrate <oc...@yahoo.com> on 2001/03/22 03:56:02 UTC

unsubscribe problem?

hey, i just unsubscribed, but i still receive
messages. WHAT IS GOING ON?????/
can anybody help me? thx

Posted by Christian Aberger <Ch...@Aberger.at>.
In order to end this discussions in the ".*unsubscribe.*" topics I propose
to start to work on an FAQ topic.

It should be something like:
If you have problems unsubsribing please do the following before you send a
question to the list:
Open the latest message that you received. Then click on "View|Options" in
Outlook, or whatever mail client you use. Copy the contents of the "Internet
Headers:" disabled edit control to the clipboard, then paste it into an
Editor of your choice.

Compare the contents of the "for" field with the value of the Email and
Reply address that you used in the "Tools|Services" settings of your mail
client for the mail account you use (and used in your unsubscribe message).
If the contents for the "for" field is not identical your unsubscribe will
not work. Before you send a question to the mailing list, please also send
mail to the list-help: and list-unsubscribe: mail addresses that you find in
the mail headers, and read the response they sent completely.

A sample of such a mail header is attached below.

wfR ChrisA

Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 20:03:22 -0800 (PST)
From: Octavian Istrate <oc...@yahoo.com>
To: xalan-dev@xml.apache.org