Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2018/03/05 20:31:07 UTC

Re: life event

Hi Dale,

well I guess it will take a while till I can write an equal mail (Wonder which age we will be able to retire here in Germany ... probably something around 80 or so) __

Regarding the batch requests, I did add one method that allows passing in a ReadRequest instead of an address and that seems to be working right now. Unfortunately that made me realize I need to implement some feature in the S7 driver to fragment packets as soon as they reach a certain size. Right now I can request about 15 different addresses but as soon as I add one more, the packet size exceeds the 256 bytes my S7 1200 accepts. But besides this, my batch hack seems to be working nicely.

I really think some API discussion net-meeting would be a great thing. Maybe I should restart a discussion on finding a date for something like that.

Chris

Am 28.02.18, 16:47 schrieb "Dale LaBossiere" <dl...@apache.org>:

    All,

    My first day of retirement starts tomorrow!  At this time it’s unclear what my level of participation in Edgent and PLC4X will become.  We’ll just have to see how it goes.

    I’m encouraged by the synergy between Edgent and PLC4X.  Chris is a great promoter and contributor so I’m optimistic that interest in both communities grows.

    In the short term for Edgent I think it would be good to push out another release.   Hmm… perhaps a good short term background task for me. And I’m interested in enhancing the PLC4X / Edgent integration to support batch PLC requests.

    In any case, just wanted to share what’s up on my end.

    — Dale