Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Cain <cc...@mhsoftware.com> on 2001/07/13 21:26:17 UTC

OT - HTML dev-list filter?

I'm not familiar with list managing software myself, so I'll ask some of
you who are. Is there any decent way of bouncing HTML-formatted messages
from the lists (or at least this one)? Another OSS project I am involved
in bounces multipart messages on its user list, which has the
side-effect of rejecting mails with attachments as well. Obviously that
wouldn't work for a dev list, but could a slightly more involved filter
check specifically for an HTML mime header and bounce those?

I will assume that the reasons why HTML e-mails suck is fairly common
knowledge, so I won't belabor the point. I assume that there would be no
objections to having such a thing in place, although with the Tomcat
list you never really know, do you? =)

- Christopher

HTML filtering on tomcat-dev

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
Hello apmail gods,

Will you please apply the same HTML filtering that is on turbine-dev to
tomcat-dev?

thanks,

-jon

Posted by Christopher Cain <cc...@mhsoftware.com>.