Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2002/03/20 07:41:07 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/srclib/pcre ChangeLog internal.h pcreposix.c

At 12:22 AM 3/20/2002, you wrote:
>brianp      02/03/19 22:22:57
>
>   Modified:    srclib/pcre ChangeLog internal.h pcreposix.c
>   Log:
>   PCRE 3.9 merge
>
>   +7. Added the beginnings of support for UTF-8 character strings.

Thank you for this effort, Brian!

I occured to me that non-US users [who are unsupported, effectively,
back in 1.3] will really benefit from fixing our internals on filenaming to
actually use pcre utf-8 comparisons.

This means that [with the correct hack in the right place] the regex
<DirectoryMatch > section will work correctly for WinNT!

Bill