Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Senaka Fernando <se...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/29 17:59:20 UTC

Plugging Harmony GC to Parrot

Hi  Maria, Allison,

I'm a student taking part for GSOC 2008. I'm interested in working on the
Harmony-gc-5 project proposed by Harmony [1]. I've read your discussion. I
believe that you must have carried out some experimental work in this
regard. I would be pleased if you could let me know of such, so that it
would be easier for me to get going. I have started trying out Harmony with
the Mark-Compact garbage collector with the DRLVM, after successfully trying
out the Generational Garbage collector.

I'm yet to figure out how the Harmony Garbage collector can be plugged into
Parrot. At present I'm reading into that as well as some Harmony
Architectural documentation.

I would be rather please to hear from you in this regard.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2008

Thanks,
Senaka