Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> on 2007/06/29 23:41:36 UTC

JmDNS use of javax.jmdns namespace in zeroconf companion.

JmDNS referenced by the zeroconf companion uses a javax.jmdns
namespace but does not seem to be defined by the Java Community
Process.  When i first say an unresolved reference on it, I first
went to the Sun site looking for a hit, but came up empty.  I haven't
researched the issue and don't know if they have an alternative that
doesn't use a reserved package name or if they have some agreement
with Sun that allows them to use the javax namespace.

Also any thoughts about supporting the Apple implementation as an
option or alternative?