Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Krishnanand Khambadkone <kk...@yahoo.com> on 2017/09/24 02:11:48 UTC

hive-testbench - Hive + TEZ TPC-DS job gets stuck

Hi,  I am trying to run a small 4GB TPC-DS test using the hortonworks hive-testbench framework.  I am initiating a small $GB test.  It completes the  data generation to /tmp but gets stuck  when creating the ORC table for the very first store_sales table.  It has been running for the past 2 hours,  has any one seen this behavior before

        VERTICES      STATUS  TOTAL  COMPLETED  RUNNING  PENDING  FAILED  KILLED

Map 1                 INITED      4          0        0        4       0       0

Reducer 2             INITED      4          0        0        4       0       0

VERTICES: 00/02  [>>--------------------------] 0%    ELAPSED TIME: 7906.38 s

Re: hive-testbench - Hive + TEZ TPC-DS job gets stuck

Posted by Rajesh Balamohan <rb...@apache.org>.
'Pending' count of 4 for long time suggests that you may have to check the
cluster capacity.

~Rajesh.B