Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Steven Dahlin <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/23 05:06:07 UTC

during make install - "error while loading shared libraries: libaprutil-1.so.0"

I am getting an error message from "make install" from subversion
1.4.2indicating that
libarputil-1.so.0 could not be found.  I have installed the apache apr and
apr-util libraries and in the configure told subversion to look for them:
--with-apr=/usr/local/apr --with-apr-util=/usr/local/apr.  Also, just on the
off chance I edited /etc/ld.so.conf to include /usr/local/apr/lib.  I am not
sure how to proceed at this time.

Re: during make install - "error while loading shared libraries: libaprutil-1.so.0"

Posted by James Morse <js...@ecs.soton.ac.uk>.
> I configured using the paths for apr and apr-util as you have
> suggested.  Curiously, there is now no problem during make install but
> there is still a problem when I try executing svnadmin.

Run 'ldd' against 'svnadmin' eg: "ldd /usr/local/bin/svnadmin".
You should get a list of libraries that the program should be linked to,
and where they are in the file system:

$ ldd /usr/local/bin/svnadmin | grep libaprutil
libaprutil-1.so.0 => /usr/lib/libaprutil-1.so.0 (0xb7eda000)

If 'libaprutil-1.so.0' isn't found, you should check to see if the file
exists. If it does, check '/usr/local/lib' is in your 'ld.so.conf' and
run 'ldconfig'. Alternatively, you may be missing a symlink. For me,
'/usr/local/lib/libaprutil-1.so.0' is a symlink to
'libaprutil-1.so.x.x.x' in the same directory, where 'x' is the version
number of AprUtil. Create the symlink if it is missing, and re-run
'ldconfig'.

James Morse

Re: during make install - "error while loading shared libraries: libaprutil-1.so.0"

Posted by Steven Dahlin <st...@gmail.com>.
I configured using the paths for apr and apr-util as you have suggested.
Curiously, there is now no problem during make install but there is still a
problem when I try executing svnadmin.

Thanks,
Steve