Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Peter Dotchev <do...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/02 01:22:06 UTC

Moving sling home

Hi,

I found that moving  http://sling.apache.org/site/the-sling-launchpad.html
sling home  to a new location is not trivial because the full path to the
old location is stored in the configuration.
In my case I found it in config and home parameters in
<sling.home>/config/org/apache/sling/jcr/jackrabbit/server/SlingServerRepository/4b089faf-5ba2-456b-bc1c-78500fa71310.config
After updating these manually to the new location it seems to work fine.

Probably in the future this could use a relative path or it could be set
dynamically withthe current sling.home (as it seems to be done in
sling.properties).

BTW the sling home location sling/launchpad/builder/sling suggested in
http://sling.apache.org/site/getting-and-building-sling.html Getting and
Building Sling  might not be a good choice as it is deleted by a clean build
(mvn clean) and the whole repository is lost.

Best regards,
Peter

Re: Moving sling home

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 02.03.2011, 16:26 +0000 schrieb Felix Meschberger:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Am Mittwoch, den 02.03.2011, 00:22 +0000 schrieb Peter Dotchev:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I found that moving  http://sling.apache.org/site/the-sling-launchpad.html
> > sling home  to a new location is not trivial because the full path to the
> > old location is stored in the configuration.
> > In my case I found it in config and home parameters in
> > <sling.home>/config/org/apache/sling/jcr/jackrabbit/server/SlingServerRepository/4b089faf-5ba2-456b-bc1c-78500fa71310.config
> > After updating these manually to the new location it seems to work fine.
> >
> > Probably in the future this could use a relative path or it could be set
> > dynamically withthe current sling.home (as it seems to be done in
> > sling.properties).
>
> Good point !
>
> Since we generally define this path dynamically (without pre-setup) we
> should store it as a relative path only to be made absolut at the last
> possible moment (before instantiating the repository).
>
> See SLING-2013 [1]

And fixed in trunk ....

Regards
Felix