Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Philipp Rech <ph...@gmx.de> on 2004/10/26 11:29:48 UTC

pass a variable from flowscript into cfrom text input field

Hello,

how can i pass a variable from my flowscript into cfrom text input field (as
a default value)? In the Flow it would be like

var name = "stefano";

and the CForm would be

<fd:widgets>
    <fd:field id="name" required="true">
      <fd:label>Name:</fd:label>
      <fd:datatype base="string"/>
     </fd:field>

So when the user opens the page, "stefano" is written in the field. The
value has to come from the Flowscript that call the form and display
pipeline though! a simple document.form.name.value = name; wont work, eh?

Thank you very much! Danke!
phil

Re: pass a variable from flowscript into cfrom text input field

Posted by Nacho Jimenez <na...@ya.com>.
Philipp Rech wrote:

>Hello,
>
>how can i pass a variable from my flowscript into cfrom text input field (as
>a default value)? In the Flow it would be like
>
>var name = "stefano";
>
>and the CForm would be
>
><fd:widgets>
>    <fd:field id="name" required="true">
>      <fd:label>Name:</fd:label>
>      <fd:datatype base="string"/>
>     </fd:field>
>
>So when the user opens the page, "stefano" is written in the field. The
>value has to come from the Flowscript that call the form and display
>pipeline though! a simple document.form.name.value = name; wont work, eh?

Be careful there.. document.form.name.value is Javascript as you would
write it on the page so the browser executes it, in flowscript we are
not working with any object document.

If you're using cforms try:

    yourForm.lookupWidget("name").value="Steffano"

In woody i believe it was something like:

    yourForm.getWidget("name").value="Steffano"

where yourForm is your cform/woody object..

Posted by Gunter D'Hondt <gu...@sofico.be>.
Widget nameWidget = form.getWidget("name");
nameWidget.setValu(name);
Gunter

"Philipp Rech" <ph...@gmx.de>
26-10-2004 11:29