Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com> on 2004/04/14 18:29:14 UTC

[NOTICE] HttpClient is requesting to move from commons to Jakarta sub-project

All,

The HttpClient project has voted to ask to become a Jakarta
sub-project.  The PMC is voting on expanding Jakarta, and I personally
apologize to the community for accidentally holding the vote on the
private PMC list.  In order to keep confusion to to a minimum, we'll
keep it there and do better next time.

If anyone has any comments, speak now or forever hold it... :)

geir

geir@4quarters.com

Re: [NOTICE] HttpClient is requesting to move from commons to Jakarta sub-project

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com>.
On Apr 14, 2004, at 4:09 PM, Adrian Sutton wrote:

> Geir et al,
> Sorry that was my fault.  It was my understanding that the PMC had to
> vote on it and thus logical to forward it to pmc@jakarta.  I had
> however forgotten to take into account the fact that pmc@ is a private
> list.

LOL.

You did the right thing.  HttpClient voted as a community to ask
Jakarta to be a sub-project.  We the PMC had to initiate a formal vote,
and I made the mistake of doing it on the pmc list...

geir

Posted by Adrian Sutton <ad...@intencha.com>.
Geir et al,