Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2008/03/19 20:49:56 UTC

Re: Use variation on StrictSSLProtocolSocketFactory to check for server certs that are about to expire?

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 08:29 -0700, Karr, David wrote:
> Has anyone ever implemented a variation on
> StrictSSLProtocolSocketFactory that could log an event if a server cert
> has an expiration date within a certain margin from the current date?
> If someone were to implement this, would this be the right place to put
> it?

David,

Certainly feel free to post the source code to the list. Your post will
get picked up and indexed by various mail archives. We might also accept
your code to the contrib package if it is more than a few lines of
changes compared to StrictSSLProtocolSocketFactory

Oleg