Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Armin Pfarr <ap...@vipsurf.de> on 2000/01/12 15:33:17 UTC

DirectoryProcessor

Hi,

I've written a small processor called DirectoryProcessor, that produces an
XML-Document from a given directory. The code is straightforward and can be
understood quite easily. Fell free to look at it and use it without any
restrictions if you think it is usefull. Otherwise just throw it away - I
only wrote it to get used to Cocoon programming. Thanks a lot again for your
framework. The closer you look at it, the more you feel the power of it.

Armin
P.S.
I wrote a very small documentation in your document-v1.0 DTD (attached).
Since I'm using a validating XML-Editor it would be nice to have the
section-titles as Elements in the DTD instead of putting them into an
attribute. I'd also suggest to use the XHTML entity-sets instead of defining
your own entities. I attached them to this mail.

Re: DirectoryProcessor

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Armin Pfarr wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've written a small processor called DirectoryProcessor, that produces an
> XML-Document from a given directory. The code is straightforward and can be
> understood quite easily. Fell free to look at it and use it without any
> restrictions if you think it is usefull. Otherwise just throw it away - I
> only wrote it to get used to Cocoon programming. Thanks a lot again for your
> framework. The closer you look at it, the more you feel the power of it.

:)

and Cocoon 1.7 will be even better.

> Armin
> P.S.
> I wrote a very small documentation in your document-v1.0 DTD (attached).
> Since I'm using a validating XML-Editor it would be nice to have the
> section-titles as Elements in the DTD instead of putting them into an
> attribute. I'd also suggest to use the XHTML entity-sets instead of defining
> your own entities. I attached them to this mail.

Good. I'll look into that.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.