Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Clemens Orthacker <cl...@iaik.tugraz.at> on 2006/11/02 18:22:43 UTC

Rahas

Hello,
Is the Rahas module a full featured WS-Trust implementation (OASIS WS-SX
WS-Trust 1.3 compatible?)
Is there some kind of architecture document?

Regards,
Clemens
--
Clemens Orthacker  IAIK, Graz University of Technology
Inffeldgasse 16a, 8010 Graz, Austria

Re: Rahas

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Clemens,

On 11/2/06, Clemens Orthacker <cl...@iaik.tugraz.at> wrote:
> Hello,
> Is the Rahas module a full featured WS-Trust implementation (OASIS WS-SX
> WS-Trust 1.3 compatible?)

Yes ... Rahas is a WS-Trust impl which supports both 05/02 version and
the WS-SX version

As for "full featured" ... that's exatcly what we are aiming for ;-)
... some of the features we will have in the upcoming release are as
follows:

- STSClient to interact with an STS
- rahas.mar (axis2 module) - to enable STS functionality on an axis2 service.
- rahas.aar - The STS implementation that one can configure and host

The SecurityTokenService (STS) functionality featured in rahas.aar and
rahas.mar by dafault provides
  - A SAML token issuer
  - A SecurityContextToken issuer (to be used to enable
WS-SecureConversation) features on a service)
  - An in memory token storage mechanism.

Right now rahas is packaged with rampart and you can find the latest
nightly snapshots here [1]

Thanks,
Ruchith

[1] http://ws.zones.apache.org/dist/rampart/nightly/

> Is there some kind of architecture document?

Will make one available with the release.

www.ruchith.org

Re: Rahas

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Clemens,