Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Greg Weinger <gw...@itmedicine.net> on 2002/07/24 03:38:00 UTC

flowscript reload question

How do you get a flow javascript to reload without restarting catalina?

Long ago Ovidiu Predescu wrote:

>>The script is reloaded only when you invoke a top level function in it. If
>>you simply restart a continuation, this will use the old code loaded by the
>>code.

Could someone please elaborate?  What constitutes a top level function?

In the example calc.js I add a debug line:

function calculator(uriPrefix)
{
  print("WAAAAHSABI!");

. . . .

I go back in my browser and re-enter the program, getting a new continuation, but
still no debug output unless I restart.  I'm using today's dev snapshot with jdk1.4.

Thanks,
Greg Weinger

Re: flowscript reload question

Posted by Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@apache.org>.
Greg,

On 7/23/02 6:38 PM, "Greg Weinger" <gw...@itmedicine.net> wrote:

> How do you get a flow javascript to reload without restarting catalina?
>
> Long ago Ovidiu Predescu wrote:
>
>>> The script is reloaded only when you invoke a top level function in it. If
>>> you simply restart a continuation, this will use the old code loaded by the
>>> code.
>
> Could someone please elaborate?  What constitutes a top level function?
>
> In the example calc.js I add a debug line:
>
> function calculator(uriPrefix)
> {
> print("WAAAAHSABI!");
>
> . . . .
>

> I go back in my browser and re-enter the program, getting a new continuation,
> but
> still no debug output unless I restart.  I'm using today's dev snapshot with
> jdk1.4.

Um, I've noticed this problem as well in the latest CVS. I'll check out to
see what's going on.

Thanks for reporting it.

Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@apache.org>
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Monitor/7464/ (Apache, GNU, Emacs...)