Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/13 18:57:33 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Re: SetEnvIf[NoCase] and url get attributes

On 9/13/05, sven buerger <fr...@brotbuexe.de> wrote:
> hi,
>
> 13.09.2005 17:55 Joshua Slive wrote:
> > As the docs say, Request_URI does not include the query string.  I
> > believe you'd need to use mod_rewrite for this:
>
> But then query_string should work?
>
> and for example http://www.tolatsga.org/info.php?test=1 under
> environment the request_uri includes the ?test=1 and I didn't find any
> document that described anything other.

No.  See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_setenvif.html#setenvif
and
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/env.html

SetEnvIf matches only against the specific things listed in the docs.
One of those things is "environment variables", but you'll note that
QUERY_STRING is not a variable in the apache environment.  It is added
to the environment only when launching CGI and SSI scripts.

Yes, it would be nicer if apache were more consistent about what
variables are available where.  But the environment variables docs do
try to be explicit about it.

Joshua.