Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Duong Tuan An <du...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/17 04:47:24 UTC

[users@httpd] Simultaneous users vs Concurrent users

Hi,

I have spent time to find out what is different between Simultaneous users
and Concurrent users. However, there are many different results and I'm
confusing now.

As my understand:

- Simultaneous users are the users who have a valid session in the server.
Each of the users would be performing different actions like one doing
login , other viewing the reports, etc.

- Concurrent users are the users who have a valid session in the server &
they are performing the same operation at any point of time. All the
concurrent users would perform login, reports download, etc at the same
point of time.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
An

Re: [users@httpd] Simultaneous users vs Concurrent users

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 11:47 PM, Duong Tuan An <du...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have spent time to find out what is different between Simultaneous users
> and Concurrent users. However, there are many different results and I'm
> confusing now.

IMO the definitions are not really very crisp/formal/portable. These
two in particular are not ones I'd expect to be contrasted against
eachther, unless they are very carefully defined in a certain context.

Generally I have seen terms like "virtual" or "simulated" users to
describe a very large value that may be idle or not connected at all
to represent the usage pattern. Then almost any other term refers to
users who are actually actively making requests.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com