Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by David P Grove <gr...@us.ibm.com> on 2019/03/04 13:07:40 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] release openwhisk runtimes

Rob's PR to update the PHP version has been merged.

We need to update the end year in all our notice files from 2018 to 2019 (I
will submit PRs today).

There's a pending PR [1] to bump NodeJS version to pick up latest security
fixes that should merge today.

We should get the update to the actionloop in [2] merged.

Do downstream runtimes that use the actionloop need updates for [2] that we
need to wait for?

Is there anything else we need to wait on before we can proceed?

--dave

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-runtime-nodejs/pull/114
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-runtime-go/pull/72

On 2019/02/21 17:19:51, Rodric Rabbah <r....@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you've contributed to one of these runtime repos please take a moment
to>
> read this and also review the runtime repo that you've worked on.>
>
> Do you (or anyone) have any reason to delay a release of the following>
> runtime repositories as in, for example, are there any outstanding pull>
> requests and patches to land?  If not, I will start the release on
Monday>

Posted by David P Grove <gr...@us.ibm.com>.

Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com> wrote on 03/16/2019 09:07:07 AM:

> At this point I’m ok with what ever plan as long we have a
> continuous train of releases and becomes an easy and habit process
>
> the nodejs runtime doesn’t have a hard dependency and doesn’t need
> to wait for client-js 3.19.0
>
> I’m ok if Rodric wants to continue with plan release all the runtimes
now.

Cool.  Let's stick with the original plan then.  One big runtime wave,
hopefully kicking off early next week.

--dave

Re: [DISCUSS] release openwhisk runtimes

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
At this point I’m ok with what ever plan as long we have a continuous train of releases and becomes an easy and habit process

the nodejs runtime doesn’t have a hard dependency and doesn’t need to wait for client-js 3.19.0

I’m ok if Rodric wants to continue with plan release all the runtimes now.

I can signup to do runtimes next release after this wave, for the next wave of runtimes I can pick up any changes including nodejs with new client-js and rust if it’s ready.

- Carlos Santana
@csantanapr

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
Both nodejs and actionloop PRs are merged

-- Carlos

--
Carlos Santana
<cs...@gmail.com>

Re: [DISCUSS] release openwhisk runtimes

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.