Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Jerrick Zhu <je...@apache.org> on 2018/10/08 08:05:56 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Dubbo(incubating) 2.6.4 has been released.

Hi, community,

I am pleased to announce that the 2.6.4 version has just been released.
Both the source release[1] and the maven binary release[2] are available
now, you can also find the detailed release notes in here[3] or quickly
check the important changes I list below:

## Enhancements / Features
- Support access Redis with password, [#2146](
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/pull/2146)
- Support char array for GenericService, [#2137](
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/pull/2137)
- Direct return when the server goes down abnormally, [#2451](
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/pull/2451)
- Add log for trouble-shooting when qos start failed, [#2455](
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/pull/2455)
- PojoUtil support subclasses of java.util.Date, [#2502](
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/pull/2502)
- Add ip and application name for MonitorService, [#2166](
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/pull/2166)
- New ASCII logo, [#2402](
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/pull/2402)

## Bugfixes
- Change consumer retries default value from 0 to 2, [#2303](
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/pull/2303)
- Fix the problem that attachment is lost when retry, [#2024](
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/pull/2024)
- Fix NPE when telnet get a null parameter, [#2453](
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/pull/2453)

Normally, you can smoothly upgrade to the new version from any version
before 2.6.4 without having to do too many changes to your apps and without
having to worry about any incompatible problems.
If you have any usage questions, or have problems when upgrading or find
any problems about enhancements included in this release, please don’t
hesitate to let us know by sending feedback to this mailing list or filing
an issue on github[4].

1. https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/dubbo/2.6.4/
2. http://central.maven.org/maven2/com/alibaba/
3. https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/releases