Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Susan Roesner RZ <sr...@rz.uni-hildesheim.de> on 2007/03/23 09:21:11 UTC

[users@httpd] reverseproxy+rewriterules

Hello,

We have several backend Webservers, not reachable from the internet. Everything
goes over our proxyserver. We are using RewriteRules and mod_Proxy to create a
unique address schema.

So if a user types www.example.com/folder1 the proxy passes him to
internal1.example.com/folder1 whithout the user realizing that.
Everything works great as long as the protocoll stays the same, meaning as long
as the pages within folder1 are access exclusively via http or https it works.

Problem: folder1 has a login page which uses https but the rest of the pages
within folder1 are http. So if the user clicks on some pages which are servered
via http everything works fine but as soon as he clicks on the login page of
folder1 then he is redirected to a https site and at this point the page is not
pointed back to my proxy server. Instead it is pointed to the internal server
which is not accessible from the internet so the user wont see anything.

I looked at google/here in the mailing list and read to solve this problem
connections between user/client ->proxy (secured) and proxy->internal server
(unsecured). Unfortunately I haven't found a tutorial/whitepaper... where it is
described how to do that, what tools to us. Please, could someone point me to
those information. Or do you have any ideas/advice how to solve this problem?

Susan