Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Torgeir Veimo <to...@vertech.no> on 2001/05/22 11:19:35 UTC

using xerces in addition to crimson in webapp

I'm trying to use jdom in a webapp under tomcat-4.0beta. jdom requires a
DOM Level 2 and SAX 2.0 compliant parser, thus I want to use the latest
xerces.

Option 1: How can I configure so that xerces.jar is before crimson.jar
in the servlet container claspath?

Option 2: How can I make shure that crimson.jar is not before xerces.jar
in the classpath when putting xerces.jar in WEB-INF/lib in my web-app?

Option 3: Is it possible to rip out crimson from catalina, replacing it
with xerces?
--
- Torgeir

OT What's really happening in this JSP?

Posted by Jim Cheesman <jc...@msl.es>.
Given the following (edited) jsp:
************************
<jsp:useBean id="kk" class="test.TestBean" scope="session" />
<jsp:setProperty name="kk" property="*" />

<form method=post>
	<select single name="testValue1">
	<input type="submit">
</form>
<hr>

<%
	if (kk.isValid())
	{
%>
   <jsp:forward page="/jsp/test2.jsp" />
<%
	}
%>
************************

The jsp works, in that the bean kk is "filled" with the values of the form,
and if valid, forwards to test2.jsp.  What I don't understand is how: Does
clicking on "submit" call the compiled jsp (_jspService) on tomcat, which
then checks the value, or what?

(kk is previously instantiated by a servlet, which returns the page above.)

I should emphasise that this works and is not urgent, but more a question
of my curiosity... ;)

Jim

--

                           *   Jim Cheesman   *