Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by sciUser <sh...@securitycentric.net> on 2020/03/10 01:33:58 UTC

Guacamole 1.x.x and Iframe support

Hello

Has Guacamole 1.x have keyboard mouse focus for iframes yet?
i have yet seen any code that would split the frame.

Thank You

-----
A Cybersecurity Enablement Company
We don't just run you through the motions, Our labs teach you how to think!
Known good Guacamole  installations

Re: Guacamole 1.x.x and Iframe support

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Mar 9, 2020, 21:47 sciUser <sh...@securitycentric.net> wrote:

> What I am talking about is what iframes or framesets do (split frames).
> I am unable so find any guacamole examples using the APIs to replace the
> iframe.

The manual describes how the client can be made part of your own
application:

https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/writing-you-own-guacamole-app.html

There's also an example application which demonstrates the basics within
the guacamole-client source.

The mouse and keyboard focus examples do not specify where the input would
> go in an iframe.
>
> I have read the FAQ and still haven't found an example that is clear.

The guacamole-common-js overview in the manual (linked in the FAQ entry)
describes how input is abstracted.

If you look at the example application in the manual, or at the
guacamole-example project in the guacamole-client source, you should see
how input is handled via those abstractions and then manually dispatched to
the client via function calls

I was hoping that Guacamole 1.x would of fixed this and made it native.

There is nothing to fix - using iframes is inherently problematic because
Guacamole must take control of keyboard and mouse events. This is simply a
fact of the nature of iframes and JavaScript events. Behavior of browser
input events is counterintuitive when iframes are involved, hence the FAQ
entry recommending against their use.

You can either not use iframes (our recommendation) or add your own
JavaScript to decide when to focus/blur your iframe. There is not going to
be a universal solution to focusing/blurring an iframe automatically, as
(1) only you can know when it is appropriate to do so in the context of
your own webpage and (2) the content of an iframe cannot necessarily
focus/blur itself. With that in mind, we've provided an example of a
generally reasonable approach in the FAQ.

- Mike

Re: Guacamole 1.x.x and Iframe support

Posted by sciUser <sh...@securitycentric.net>.
What I am talking about is what iframes or framesets do (split frames).
I am unable so find any guacamole examples using the APIs to replace the
iframe.
The mouse and keyboard focus examples do not specify where the input would
go in an iframe.

I have read the FAQ and still haven't found an example that is clear.

Good example on writing instruction sets would be w3school style or more
instructional (example: place code here)

I was hoping that Guacamole 1.x would of fixed this and made it native.

Hope that helped

Thank You

-----

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 6:34 PM sciUser <sh...@securitycentric.net> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Has Guacamole 1.x have keyboard mouse focus for iframes yet?

http://guacamole.apache.org/faq/#iframes

i have yet seen any code that would split the frame.

What do you mean by "split the frame"?

- Mike