Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/09 00:05:42 UTC

Interesting behavior for empty facet

I was experimenting with using an empty facet as a placeholder so my
renderer knew where to insert something.  Specifically, I am working
on a TreeTableRenderer and I thought marking a column with a facet
name of "tree" to indicate where the tree shoudl be rendered.

        <h:column>
            <f:facet name="tree"/>
        </h:column>

I discovered during rendering that the facet map for the column was
null!  Then if I switched to:

        <h:column>
            <f:facet name="tree">
                <h:outputText value=""/>
            </f:facet>
        </h:column>

I could retrieve the facet.  Interesting ... This is probably the way
its supposed to work but just thought I would pass that discovery
along.  I guess facet itself is just a key by which to store the
component inside the facet tag.  Makes sense.

sean