Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2008/10/10 12:00:42 UTC

Re: maven-scr-plugin FATAL ERROR with java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Hi, sorry for the late response:

I guess this is a problem from maven I encountered as well (not sure
though). You should add the dependency with the missing class to your
pom and just declare it as provided.

I assume that this is a transitive dependency of a dependency which is
scoped as provided - in this case maven does not include the transitive
dependencies in the classpath. As the scr plugin scans the class files
it requires all dependent classes in the class path.

HTH
Carsten

Heibel, Niklas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm totally confused! When I remove the maven-scr-plugin from my master pom.xml maven finished successful.
>
> Then I add this to the master pom.xml:
>
> <plugin>
> 	<groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
>       <artifactId>maven-scr-plugin</artifactId>
>       <version>1.0.8</version>
>       <executions>
>       	<execution>
>             	<id>generate-scr-scrdescriptor</id>
>                   <goals>
>                   	<goal>scr</goal>
>                   </goals>
>          	</execution>
>    	</executions>
> </plugin>
>

> and I get FATAL ERROR like this:
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/core/runtime/IProgressMonitor
>
> For more information look in the attached file.
>
> This class is not referenced in our source.
>
> Any helpful information's are welcome :)
>
> Best Regards
> Niklas

Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org