Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Jean-Fabrice [gmail]" <je...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/25 14:29:28 UTC

Brokers authentication in network broker

Hi list,

I'm looking for a way to authenticate two brokers when they connect
(using tcp) to each other in a network of brokers topology.

I've followed http://activemq.apache.org/security.html but I can't
find a way to authenticate / authorize the broker. With such  setup, I
got the following error on the jaas configured broker :
"java.lang.SecurityException : User is not authenticated". The
connecting broker has the following attributes sets in its
networkConnector entry : userName and password.

 Is there any other attributes (others than 'queue' or 'topic') I can
pass to authorizationEntry to specify that a broker is allowed to
connect ?

Thank you,

JF

Re: Brokers authentication in network broker

Posted by "Jean-Fabrice [gmail]" <je...@gmail.com>.
2007/6/25, Jean-Fabrice [gmail] <je...@gmail.com>:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm looking for a way to authenticate two brokers when they connect
> (using tcp) to each other in a network of brokers topology.

I succeeded in the mutual authentication using SSL, storing each
broker certificate in the truststore of the other.

But still looking for a way to authenticate without encryption.

JF