Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Pavel Minchenkov <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/31 19:39:51 UTC

Start parameter and result grouping

Hi,

I'm trying to implement paging when grouping is on.

Start parameter works, but the result contains all the documents that were
before him.

http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=test&group=true&group.field=marketplaceId&group.limit=1&rows=1&start=0(I
get 1 document).
http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=test&group=true&group.field=marketplaceId&group.limit=1&rows=1&start=1(I
get 2 documents).
http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=test&group=true&group.field=marketplaceId&group.limit=1&rows=1&start=N(I
get N documents).

But in all these queries, I should get only one document in results. Am I
right?

I'm using this build: https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/job/Solr-trunk/1297/

Thanks.

--
Pavel Minchenkov

Re: Start parameter and result grouping

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Oh, and see the just updated wiki page as well:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FieldCollapsing

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.