Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dan Higgins <Da...@austin.rr.com> on 2002/12/16 20:02:58 UTC

Apache 2.0 mod_jk.so bug ?

Hi,

Whether it's a bug or not, it's definitely a strange thing going on, and at
this point in time I suspect the mod_jk.so is the problem. I hope I can get
a little verification.

I have a <Location> Apache directive inside a SSL-enabled virtualhost, and
if I go to a *directory* under that location that happens to be served by
Tomcat, the URL rewrite gets munged. For example:

-------- Begin sample Apache conf --------
<VirtualHost _default_:443>

#  General setup for the virtual host
DocumentRoot "/test/html/mysite-ssl"
ServerName foo.bar.com:443
ServerAdmin root@foo.bar.com
ErrorLog logs/ssl_error_log
TransferLog logs/ssl_access_log

#   SSL Engine Switch:
#   Enable/Disable SSL for this virtual host.
SSLEngine on

[... (extra config removed)]

<Location /my-open-web-context>
  Order Deny,Allow
  Allow from all
  Satisfy any
</Location>

</VirtualHost>

[...]
JkMount /my-open-web-context ajp13
JkMount /my-open-web-context/* ajp13
-------- End sample Apache conf --------

IF I go to
https://foo.bar.com/my-open-web-context/index.jsp
it works FINE. BUT if I go to
https://foo.bar.com/my-open-web-context/ (i.e. no "index.jsp")
I get a URL like this in my browser:
http://foo.bar.com:443/my-open-web-context/index.jsp
This URL of course fails because the "http" on the https port.

Is this really a bug? Is there a better mailing list for mod_jk questions?

Info: RedHat 8.0, Apache 2.0.40, Tomcat 4.0.6LE, mod_jk.so compiled from
jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.0.6-src package.

Thanks for any pointers,
-Dan

RE: Apache 2.0 mod_jk.so bug ?

Posted by Dan Higgins <Da...@austin.rr.com>.
BTW, this all worked fine with Apache 1.3. Also note that any dir handled by
mod_jk NOT under the <Location> works fine. Smells like a bug.

I'd like to get a developer (mod_jk.c) involved, but I was hoping this list
would give me a little verification first.

Thanks,
-Dan