Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/20 19:18:37 UTC

[VOTE] Release Pivot 1.4 RC1

All:

The Pivot 1.4 RC1 release candidate has been tagged, packaged, and is ready
for a vote. The artifacts, RAT reports, KEYS file, and release notes can be
found at http://people.apache.org/~tvolkert/dist/pivot/v1.4-rc1/.  The tag
from which the release artifacts were generated can be found at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/pivot/tags/v1.4-rc1/.

In addition, my PGP public code signing key can be found at the MIT key
server (http://pgp.mit.edu/) and The SKS key server (
http://www.pramberger.at/peter/services/keyserver/).

Please vote to publish this release by Wednesday, December 23 20:00 GMT.
Because of the holidays, if people need more time, then we'll push the
voting period back (we're not planning on releasing until next year anyway).

In your vote, please include the testing you performed to arrive at your
vote.  Further, this is our first release that will not be passed to the
Incubator PMC - we're on our own on this one.  So try to pay special
attention to the LICENSE & NOTICE files and administrative release concerns,
not just the code.

[  ] +1 Publish
[  ] +0
[  ] -0
[  ] -1 Don't publish, because...

Thanks,
-T

Re: [VOTE] Release Pivot 1.4 RC1

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
> The Pivot 1.4 RC1 release candidate has been tagged, packaged, and is ready
> for a vote.
>
> [x] +1 Publish
> [  ] +0
> [  ] -0
> [  ] -1 Don't publish, because...

- Reviewed RAT report

- Downloaded apache-pivot-1.4.tar.gz
- Verified MD5 checksum
- Verified SHA1 checksum
- Expanded archive
- Reviewed LICENSE
- Reviewed NOTICE
- Reviewed README
- Reviewed RELEASE-NOTES
- Reviewed Javadoc
- Installed demo and tutorial WARs
- Launched all demos as applet
- Launched Kitchen Sink demo via Web Start
- Launched Stock Tracker demo via Web Start
- Launched Component Explorer demo via Web Start
- Browsed all tutorial documentation

- Downloaded apache-pivot-1.4.zip
- Verified MD5 checksum
- Verified SHA1 checksum
- Expanded archive and verified expected file contents

- Downloaded apache-pivot-1.4-src.tar.gz
- Verified MD5 checksum
- Verified SHA1 checksum
- Expanded archive
- Reviewed BUILD
- Ran install target
- Verified correct generation of all release artifacts

- Downloaded apache-pivot-1.4-src.zip
- Verified MD5 checksum
- Verified SHA1 checksum
- Expanded archive and ran default build target

Re: [VOTE] Release Pivot 1.4 RC1

Posted by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com>.

> 1. I don't need to give excuses to vote -1 for releases, never-the-less;

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed ;-) I like to think our PMC
members won't vote -1 for arbitrary reasons; however, I'll start a new vote
thread to avoid any confusion.

-T

Re: [VOTE] Release Pivot 1.4 RC1

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 2:18 AM, Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [  ] +1 Publish
> [  ] +0
> [  ] -0

[x] -1 Don't publish, because...

1. I don't need to give excuses to vote -1 for releases, never-the-less;

2. This vote thread is about 1.4-rc1, but the artifacts are named
"1.4", and this creates utter confusion. So, either re-start this vote
thread with a new title "[VOTE] Release Pivot 1.4" or by having the
versions in order.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer