Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Steve Tarlton <st...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/05 04:12:14 UTC

Firefox, be afraid be very afraid!!!

I just spent the better half of a day WASTED because I use Firefox for
testing my Wicket development. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why
I couldn't get a simple data picker to center. I wouldn't call myself an
expert at html so I doubted myself. Turns out that Firefox decided that
there is no need to update changes if there is something in cache -- WTF!!!
It wasn't until I got so fed up I tried Internet Explorer and saw that what
I was doing was working all along. I "exited" Firefox and restarted it and
still not working. It wasn't until I went in and cleared my "private cache"
and then visited my app again that it did what it was suppose to do. I of
course poked around in Firefox to turn that !@#$%! cache off but the only
thing I found was a setting that would automatically flush it when I
"exited" (not closed) Firefox. I will probably still use it for normal
surfing but unless there is a way to stop it from not updating my html
changes, I will NOT be useing it for Wicket development!

Re: Firefox, be afraid be very afraid!!!

Posted by Petr Fejfar <pe...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 4:12 AM, Steve Tarlton<st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just spent the better half of a day WASTED because I use Firefox for
> testing my Wicket development. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why

Is there any resume?

Today I met a similiar problem with Google Chrome when trying to change
an initial Height/Width of ModalWindow.

In my case, the reason was a position/size kept in cookie expiring
after 30 days.

Petr

Re: Firefox, be afraid be very afraid!!!

Posted by John Armstrong <si...@siberian.org>.
I use both religiously. They make life oh so much better on oh so many
ways..
Anyhow, anyone touching the DOM, JavaScript and CSS should know these tools
IMHO. They really change the way you do webdev.

John-

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.
I prefer firebug .. :)

Re: Time selector with dial plate

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.
sounds like an javascript thing..  Or something with image maps..

Posted by Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de>.

Posted by Anton Veretennikov <an...@gmail.com>.
I love wicket :)

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anton Veretennikov <an...@gmail.com>.
how, how?

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anton Veretennikov <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Armstrong <si...@siberian.org>.

Posted by satar <st...@gmail.com>.
WOW... Thanks Igor and the rest of you for all the responses. I was pretty
burnt last night when I finally discovered that probably several of the the
myriad of approaches I went through to simply center a date picker worked
but because Firefox was caching my first failed attempt I wasn't seeing
them. I will probably just use the SHIFT-F5 so that I can go back to
Firefox, which I definitely prefer as a browser. I also need to make use of
the Firebug I installed a while back but forgot about.

You all are awesome and Wicket ROCKS! I wrote and released the "first"
webapp I have ever developed, which includes a three table nested
relationship to a forth selected items panel that keeps itself up-to-date by
the minute. It uses the very slick inmethod grids and color coded with
optional colorblind settings. The selected item panel has alternate choices
for each check item selected with corresponding canned text to make
describing a problem easier, validates inputs for consistency, and updates
tables appearance when user updates an item. All this in under 4 months all
due to Wicket and this user forum!

Thank you -- Thank You!!!
-Steve

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.