Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andrew Answer <cr...@mail.ru> on 2001/08/31 11:48:11 UTC

Front-end engine for Cocoon2

Hello cocoon-users,

  anybody know where i can download front-end engine for cocoon2?
  I mean what must exist web-publishing environment based on C2 similar to php-engines
PHPNuke (http://phpnuke.org) or phpWebSite (http://phpwebsite.appstate.edu)
based on PHP. This shell must allow to build site from unified modules written
on Java/XML/XSL and using any database.

Approximately system requirements:
1. GPL-like license (Open-source)
2. CVS using
3. Fast & Collaborative developing
4. Full documenting

Modules requirements:
1. easy install/uninstall/configuring
2. modules i18n based on UTF-8 support
3. full documenting (+ localized versions)
4. changed skins/themes based on xsl (and don't forget about i18n based on
SVG(!))
5. easy data creating in modules (i.e. writting articles)

Example modules list:
* site map
* security module
* phorums
* library (based on DocBook Oasis standard)
* article sets
* news lists
* downloads/uploads
* picture galleries
... and any what you want

I can't find any like this nowhere. May be you can help me or you simply create
this engine at the next C2 release? For example this project can be named
"JavaNuke".
Creating core API isn't very hard for you. But this work is too hard for me.
May be i will do it, but i don't want write java code yet, only XML/XSL.

With best regards, Andrew Answer, creator0@mail.ru