Posted to user@hawq.apache.org by Nicolas Paris <ni...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/12 18:08:49 UTC

Query Hawq from postgresql thought FDW

Hi list,

I wonder if it is feaseable to plug a postgresql instance on a hawq
instance thought the postgresql-FDW.

Since hawq is libpq-compatible, this may be possible. Has anybody already
done such test ?

Thanks for the answer,

Re: Query Hawq from postgresql thought FDW

Posted by Ming Li <ml...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Nicolas,

FDW is not yet supported in hawq.

From the implementation perspective, if we want to support postgresql-FDW
without any change, the compononents we need to make compatible includes:
not only libpq, but also the query plan tree negotiated between the FDW
wrapper and hawq.

Thanks.