Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Culp <dc...@mcleodhealth.org> on 2003/04/10 21:09:23 UTC

[users@httpd] Newbie - Dual-Homed Reverse Proxy -

I have a dual-homed Apache 1.3.27 server setup as a SSL Reverse Proxy:
     eth0 - 10.10.10.1    Private
     eth1 - 198.10.10.1  Public
     <httpd.conf> :  Listen  198.10.10.1:443
     Iptables Firewall - Policy:   Deny all
                        Accept all on eth0
                        Allow tcp port 443 on public inbound, only established
outbound

     This server acts as a secure reverse proxy to some of our internal web
servers.
     The system is working except one instance where I'm proxying to a 3rd party
server (known
     on our private network only). From sniffer (tcpdump) traces, it looks like
the server is
     trying to attach out the public interface ?
     Questions:
          - How does one ensure that the only traffic leaving the public
interface is associated
            with the client's connection ?
          - Will Virtual Hosts need to be used ?
          - Will Static Routes need to be added ?