Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by problems mail <pr...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/27 15:59:36 UTC

multiple instances / multiple domains.

Hello,

I have been successful in creating multiple hosts and able to redirect the
traffic from apache web server to their associated applications (simple).

The following configuration does not work. Here is what I am trying to do:

I have separate applications on different domains "fire.rmp.com" and "
outnet.rmp.com". But with "relay.rmp.com" :

i) I need to be able to connect to the welcome screen of geronimo. (
http://relay.rmp.com/welcome)
ii) need to be able to connect to the console screen of geronimo (
http://relay.rmp.com/console)
iii) need to connect to other sample apps http://relay.rmp.com/relay

I have attached the "geronimo-web.xml" for "http://relay.rmp.com/" this is
the root of the application.

I also inserted geronimo-web.xml for "http://relay.rmp.com/welcome"

[root@relay WEB-INF]# pwd
/usr/local/geronimo/repository/geronimo/welcome-tomcat/1.1.1/welcome-
tomcat-1.1.1.car/WEB-INF

[root@relay WEB-INF]# more geronimo-web.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1">
        <environment>
                <moduleId>
                        <groupId>geronimo</groupId>
                        <artifactId>welcome</artifactId>
                        <version>1.1</version>
                </moduleId>
        </environment>
        <context-root>/welcome</context-root>
        <host>relay.rmp.com</host>
</web-app>

But it give me a 404 whenever I try to connect to it (
http://relay.rmp.com/welcome)

Sharing or Creating multiple instances of geronimo, how does creating
separate multiple instances of geronimo help ? , also are there any details
on this (Gianny or John if u can answer this since you have worked on this)

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=geronimo-user&m=115638962202937&w=2

Simon