Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by yadan <yx...@css.com.cn> on 2002/11/04 03:11:09 UTC

Do you plan to write a java programe to manage users conveniently?

 Or is there any similar exsits?
 I mean not using the command "telnet * 4555",but use a java class such as:
UserManage  add username password  //add a user
UserManage  delete username           //delete a user
UserManage  listuser              //listusers
...etc...
Using this class, we can simply manage James users in  client  programes. Do you agree with me ?
Or you have one , could you send it to me ? Thanks!

Re: Do you plan to write a java programe to manage users conveniently?

Posted by Uwe Rosebrock <uw...@rosebrock.org>.
Yadan,

I have started to extend James successfully to use a more dynamic
communication etc. (serializing containers around ).
I am unfortunately out for a little while to go on with that.
Also there will be a problem with different JVM with this approach.
All what is needed with this though is a 'nice' front-end.
Uwe